A beautifully braided tail is a sight to behold, though in the same breath, if you can't do a decent braid then you're better off practicing until you can.
Braiding a tail isn't as hard as many people think. A few tips:
- You need a tail with the right length hair to braid. Too short and it'll never look any good.
- Dampen the hair first. The damper it is, the easier it is to get a nice neat braid.
- Using some product to help with stickability makes a huge difference
- It needs to be reasonably firm otherwise it won't look any good
- Make sure you braid down far enough... you need to go right down to the end of the dock, or at most, just a couple of inches above the end of the dock. A short tail braid looks weird.
- If your fingers aren't aching by about half way down the braid you're probably not doing it tight enough 😉
- Practice practice practice!!!
Incase you're interested, the products that I use are